As a senior engineer or under periodic supervision of a senior engineer:
- Prepares narratives, reports, calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Performs code research related to electrical
- Assists in the production and coordination of a complete set of construction documents for permitting and bidding of public and private construction projects.
- Develop expertise in a single trade while working in close contact with other disciplines and vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects and related trade awareness.
- Visits construction sites periodically to record field observations and data collection.
- Attends design and construction meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors and others during various stages of project development
- Advances designs developed by others and assesses design requirements.
- Have knowledge of drawing details and the ability to research and develop more complex details.
- Participates in Construction Administration by developing addendums, reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFIs, solving construction issues, and performing site observations.
An ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of experience with CAD/Revit and electrical system design. REVIT preferred.
- Minimum of 4-year Degree BS or BT in related field.
- Awareness of codes and design standards.
- Interest in the built environment
- PE or Intent to sit for PE
- An awareness of architectural concepts and the ability to understand and communicate with professionals of other disciplines.
- The ability to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with team members, consultants, and clients.
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, teamwork, creativity
- Proficiency with design software (CAD, Revit, etc.), Microsoft Office, and PDF software (Adobe/Bluebeam).